Pages

Fri 30th Jan 2009

Whilst walking to the car park from work, I overheard some lads of an age range of around 18-21, arranging to go to a particular club later that evening because, I quote, “the girls there are easy”.

I couldn't help but wonder to myself how indicative of youth this was. Ten years ago, that’s the sort of delusional, socially-assumptive conversation I might have been involved in. Those lads were so full of the hope, naivety and the harmless misogyny of youth. They were yet to be jaded with the cynicism that follows years of leaving pubs and clubs alone, having failed to summon the bravery it takes to actually make approaches to the opposite sex (no matter how 'easy' they were reputed to be). Indeed, with ten years more experience than these youngsters, I am, by now, wizened enough to make economical savings on my time by making a bee-line straight home on my own, editing out that unnecessary expense and kerfuffle of spending Friday evening in some claustrophobic, booming pizzle-hutch.

Actually, I don't know why I'm making excuses. This is getting just like yesterday’s entry where I feel like I have to justify my misanthropic behavior to you. So what if I spent another Friday night in on my own? I might be on the road to a lonely death, but surely that's my perogative!

No comments: