Pages

Thu 19th Feb 2009

Got a nice text message from HBOS, reminding me of my appointment tomorrow. It revealed I would be discussing my finances with a chap called Gareth Collins. You’ve got to tip your hat to ‘em there. Surely Gareth Collins is the most apt name for a man who works in a bank, ever. Even before meeting him, I completely trust him on money matters. It’s almost too ideal. Do you reckon that’s his real name or he just chose the moniker himself?

By the way, this isn't meant to sound sneering. For the people who have read this blog before, you will be aware I have a pre-occupation with the more mundane elements of my existence. So in a world of popular culture, where people apply cool-sounding pseudonyms such as Ghostface Kilah, Axl Rose and, er, Alvin Stardust, it would be nice if those climbing the ladder of a career purposefully chose names which equally instilled confidence in their own chosen profession. And surely banker’s names don’t come much more perfectly reassuring than ‘Gareth Collins’.

I eagerly await tomorrow’s meeting.

No comments: